Davis, CA (November 1, 1993)- California ReLeaf was founded in 1989 and incorporated as a 501c3 nonprofit organization in 2004. Their mission is to empower grassroots efforts and build strategic partnerships that preserve, protect, and enhance California’s urban and community forests.
California ReLeaf works statewide to promote alliances among community-based groups, individuals, industry, and government agencies, encouraging each to contribute to the livability of our cities and the protection of our environment by planting and caring for trees. California ReLeaf also serves as the State’s volunteer coordinator for urban forestry in partnership with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.
* Expanding delivery of services and resources to California ReLeaf Network Groups.
* Broadening funding opportunities for urban and community forestry projects.
* Fostering involvement within the urban forestry movement by California’s diverse communities.
* Improving legislative outreach and advocacy efforts on a state and federal level.
Programs and services:
* Coordinating the California ReLeaf Network, an alliance of urban forestry groups throughout the state.
* Administering grant programs on behalf of the State of California.
* Publishing California Trees, our quarterly newsletter that explores current issues in urban forestry.
* Providing assistance, information, and referrals to individuals, organizations, and agencies working to improve the management of urban forests in California communities.
* Monitoring state and federal legislation and keeping the urban forestry community apprised of opportunities to influence public policy on behalf of urban trees.
For more information, visit California ReLeaf.