New Orleans, LA (April 13, 2006)- Parkway Partners is a not-for-profit organization and was established in 1982. Parkway Partners mission is to beautify and maintain the city of New Orleans’ neutral grounds, playgrounds and parks, transform vacant lots into community gardens and pocket parks, and preserve the urban forest.
Volunteers support Parkway Partners’ mission through the following actions:
* Adopt a neutral ground or park.
* Get a community garden growing.
* Coordinate a neighborhood tree planting project.
* Assist with the monthly Second Saturday Program.
* Maintain the Urban Tree Lot.
* Provide greenhouse support.
For more information, visit Parkway Partners.