Nashville, TN (January 1, 2001)- The Tennessee Urban Forestry Council, established in 1991, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to public awareness, understanding and improving Tennessee’s urban forests. The Council serves as a resource, catalyst and liaison concerning urban forestry issues within the state, region and nation.
The Council’s programs include:
* Landmark & Historic Tree Registry
* Arboretum Certification Program
* Urban Forestry Awards Program
* Tree Climbing Championship
* Urban and Community Forestry Grants
* Arbor Day, Tree City USA, Tree Line USA, Tree Boards and ReLeaf Programs and complements the State of Tennessee Urban Forestry Program
* Advocates tree protection and land development ordinances in municipalities
* Increases the availability of desirable trees for the urban environment
For more information, visit the Tennessee Urban Forestry Council.