Deadline: All NeighborWoods Mini-grants have been distributed.
Eligibility: Current ACTrees member organizations. Not yet a member, join now!
The purpose of the Mini-Grant is to help ACTrees member organizations make their National NeighborWoods® Month events memorable and successful. Grants enable an organization to host a more successful event, rather than be the determining factor in whether an event is organized. Eligible events get the public involved during October in tree planting, care, or education, and are branded as National NeighborWoods® Month events.
Envision the mini-grant as a way to accomplish something extra. We encourage you to focus on marketing, media, and elevating the quality or visibility of your event.
Suggested uses include:
- Design and print posters, banners, and other promotional items.
- Order more 10th Anniversary T-Shirts or design and print your own
- Pay for a media service to disseminate press releases to get coverage for your event. (One example is U.S. Newswire)
- Hire a professional photographer or videographer to document your event.
- Pay for a sign-maker to print your logo or local sponsor’s logo onto the National NeighborWoods® Month banner.
- Create awards or recognition for elected leaders, volunteers, or partners involved in your events.
- Make your event kid-friendly and inviting to the whole community: provide games, a babysitter, a children’s entertainer, music, etc.
- Or other strategic one-time investment that will help you make a bigger splash and draw more attention for your National NeighborWoods® Month events.
Grant funds are not permitted to be used for:
- Personnel, including salaries and benefits.
- General office expenses, equipment, capital expenses, and overhead.
- Plant materials and planting supplies.