Deadline: July 1, 2012
Create a 60 second video or submit a photo that tells a compelling, impactful story about how AmeriCorps Works and the effect AmeriCorps members and AmeriCorps projects have on local communities and the nation.
The theme of the 2012 AmeriCorps video and photo contests is “AmeriCorps Works.” This theme communicates the value and effectiveness of AmeriCorps while providing flexibility to be used in many different contexts. It provides an overarching framework to communicate AmeriCorps triple bottom line return on investment — for the recipients of service, the people who serve, and the larger community and nation. For example:
- To meet pressing community needs
- To expand economic and educational opportunity for those who serve
- To make our communities safer, stronger, and healthier
- To improve the lives of vulnerable Americans
- To build the next generation of nonprofit leaders
- To develop innovative community solutions
- To mobilize volunteers and resources to strengthen America’s voluntary sector
AmeriCorps Works in many different ways. However you choose to make your video, be sure to shows how AmeriCorps Works!
Video Prize: $5,000 in prizes will be awarded to winning video submissions.
Photo Prize: $2,500 in prizes will be awarded to winning photo submissions.
AmeriCorps Video Contest
AmeriCorps Photo Contest