The Citizens Bank Foundation (Citizens Bank in the northeast and Charter One in the Midwest) provides grants to nonprofit organizations in the communities where the company does business in the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Citizens gives priority consideration for charitable grants to programs that:
* Promote affordable housing.
* Encourage the development of innovative responses to basic human needs.
* Encourage community-based services targeted to low – and moderate-income families and individuals.
* Support community development initiatives that are catalysts for economically distressed areas.
* Promote new ways to address issues of economic self-sufficiency.
Citizens’ charitable grants range widely in size. Multiyear grants are generally for a capital campaign and are paid over a three-year period.
Citizens Bank Foundation Charitable Grants