NEGEF grants are designed for groups that:
- Are doing community-based environmental work in CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, or VT
- Are volunteer-driven or have up to two full-time paid staff (or equivalents)
- Have an annual budget up to $100,000.
Please note that NEGEF does not fund statewide, regional, national, or international work. Our focus is on community-based, local initiatives. NEGEF funds cannot be used for retroactive expenses, lobbying purposes, micro-grant programs, or large capital acquisitions.
There are two grant programs that NEGEF offers:
Quick, project-focused grants dedicated to helping volunteer groups launch and build their newly-evolving project(s).
Deadline: Apply anytime (expect a decision in four weeks)
Grant range: $250 – $1,000
Apply for a SEED Grant if your group:
- Is launching a new or evolving community-based project
- Expenses are for materials, outreach, and/or other project expenses
- Project costs generally less than $10,000
- Needs a quick decision
- Submitted its last successful SEED application at least one year ago
Competitive group development grants dedicated to helping established groups increase capacity, collaborate, and leverage impact.
Deadlines: March 15 and September 15 (expect decisions early June and December)
Grant range: $1,000 – $3,500
Apply for a GROW Grant if your group:
- Needs help evolving and expanding the community group
- Is seeking funding for expenses that include general operating, stipends, capacity-building, program development, expert assistance, etc.
- Has been active for more than one year
- Submitted its last successful Grow application at least one year ago.