Deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis
TD Charitable Foundation will award $200,000 in grants to eligible organizations for employees to attend approved classes and courses that will enhance job performance. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and the TD Charitable Foundation will review requests monthly. Notification and payout of awards are usually made in the fourth week of each month. Applicants will be notified of grant status between two to six weeks from their grant application submission.
Purpose: Grants from the TD Charitable Foundation Non-profit Training Resource Fund will be awarded to eligible organizations for employees to attend approved classes and courses that will enhance their job performance, as outlined below:
Grant program: $200,000 in grants shall be awarded in 2012.
Individual grant amounts: Organizations shall be eligible to receive no more than $1,000 per calendar year. Grant amounts are to cover tuition only.
- Must be tax-exempt under IRS Code 501©(3) and not be classified as a private foundation
- Must have a mission/focus that promotes one of the following:
- Affordable housing for low– to moderate-income individuals
- Increased economic (small business) development
- Financial literacy for low– and moderate-income youth, individuals or families
- After-school or extracurricular programming for low– and moderate-income children
- Must be located within a TD Bank, N.A. market area
Eligible use of funds:
- Classes and courses must be pertinent to the job the employee performs
- Classes and courses may be one-day classes or part of a certification program
- Attendance at a conference is not eligible under the program
- Classes and courses should not have been already completed at the time of the application
- Classes and courses should be planned to be attended at least 30 days from the grant application submission