Deadline: October 5, 2011
The North Face Explore Fund is a grant program to support U.S. nonprofit organizations that help young people connect to the outdoors. The program was established in 2010 as part of the company’s mission to encourage an active healthy lifestyle and protection of the nation’s natural landscapes by creating a stronger connection with the outdoors.
The Explore Fund will support organizations that encourage youth outdoor participation, focusing primarily on creating more connections of children to nature, increasing access to both front & backcountry recreation, as well as providing education for both personal & environmental health. Grants will be given up to $2,500, and to maximize the impact of The Explore Fund, we limit our grants to those applications that comply with the following guidelines:
* Organizations that have 501(c)(3) status.
* Projects that include community demographics, estimated number of participants, and anticipated outcomes.
* Proposals that encourage community involvement.
* Programs that focus on breaking down barriers to getting youth outdoors.
* The project or program should seek a specific audience and reach out to a specific community or place of interest.
* All funding requests should be quantifiable with specific goals, objectives, and action plans, with a clear measure for evaluating success.
* Your program should have a good chance of significant measureable results & momentum over a fairly short term (one to three years).
North Face Explore Fund