Deadline: December 1, 2010
In 2010, Project Learning Tree and the USDA Forest Service are offering grants to teachers and students participating in PollinatorLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure. Participating teachers can apply for GreenWorks! funding to create pollinator gardens in their schoolyard or community. The maximum grant amount is $1,000, and the deadline to apply is December 1st, 2010.
To Receive a GreenWorks! pollinator garden grant:
1) Applicant must be trained in PLT
2) Applicant must be registered for and participate in PollinatorLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure. To register, please visit the PollinatorLIVE website.
3) A main component of the project must include the creation of a pollinator garden on school grounds or in the community
4) Youth must implement the project
5) Project must integrate student learning and community service
6) Project must include at least one community partner
7) Project must acquire 50% matching funds (may be in-kind)
For more information please contact Kyle Cooper.
Project Learning Tree GreenWorks! Pollinator Garden Grants