September 13-16, 2009
American Public Works Association (APWA) is now accepting speaker proposals for their 2009 APWA International Congress & Exposition. Public works professionals willing to share their expertise and knowledge are invited to submit a proposal. Communities are encouraged to share their vision for the future of public works, trends and analysis of planning techniques, and real-world solutions to public works challenges.
Priority will be given to the following categories:
* Strategies for addressing public works’ response to emerging trends for the economy, society, climate change impacts, technological advances, population demographics, politics, etc.
* Practical and relevant tactics for dealing with the critical issues facing public works today.
* Lessons learned and “how we did it” case studies.
Possible topic areas include:
* Traffic Engineering (street, arterial, and intersection design, traffic calming, community mobility issues)
* Stormwater Management, Flood and Erosion Control, Practices, and Issues
* Facilities Management (maintenance practices, inventory systems, condition assessments, green design, LEED certifications, public works yards construction and design, etc.)
* Urban Forestry (choosing and caring for trees and vegetation, sidewalk issues, tree replacement programs, recycling green waste, etc.)
* Sustainable and Green Design
* Smart Growth
* Climate Change Impacts on Infrastructure Planning
* Public/Private Partnerships
The proposal submission deadline is September 30, 2008.
For more information, visit American Public Works Association.