June 8, 2010
EPA’s Heat Island Reduction Program and EPA’s Local Climate and Energy Program will host a webcast on Implementing Green Roofs at the Local Level from 2:00-4:00 P.M. This webcast will provide an overview of how green roofs can reduce the urban heat island effect and improve building energy use while achieving additional multiple benefits within the urban environment.
Local governments and other community-oriented institutions can learn about how others have effectively implemented and maintained green roof projects in their communities.
* Introduction by EPA Heat Island Program and Local Climate and Energy Program
* Energy Performance of Green Roofs: The Role of the Roof in Affecting Building Energy and the Urban Atmospheric Environment
* Managing Stormwater with Green Roofs
* Green Roof Incentives and Implementation
* Green Roof Programs in the City of Chicago
* Question and Answer Session
URL (you may need to register separately for a unique link): https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/866340154/106583586
Access Code: 76875534
Webinar ID: 866-340-154
Register for the webcast: Implementing Green Roofs at the Local Level