1. MEMBERSHIP IN ALLIANCE FOR COMMUNITY TREES IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. This contest is sponsored by Alliance for Community Trees (6856 Eastern Avenue, NW, Ste. 150, Washington, DC 20012; www.actrees.org) (“Sponsor”). The contest entry period starts on February 13, 2015, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on February 27, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Interested participants should submit (1) a photo, (2) your full name(s), (3) caption, and (4) a one-sentence description of the framed moment and event. Mailed entries must be postmarked on or before the applicable dates listed below to be eligible to win the applicable prize. Email entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on the applicable dates listed below to be eligible to win the applicable prize. Eligibility for each prize will cease at the applicable time and date, and all entries received thereafter will be considered disqualified and will be ineligible for participation. If Sponsor does not receive your entry for any reason, including without limitation those specified below, or if your entry is not entered correctly, the entry will be invalid and you will be ineligible for the prize.
2. ELIGIBILITY: ONLY ORGANIZATIONS WITH CURRENT 2015 MEMBERSHIP IN ALLIANCE FOR COMMUNITY TREES IN ALASKA, ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, HAWAII, IDAHO, IOWA, KANSAS, LOUISIANA, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, MONTANA, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW MEXICO, NORTH DAKOTA, OKLAHOMA, OREGON, SOUTH DAKOTA, TEXAS, UTAH, WASHINGTON OR WYOMING ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN, EXCEPT FOR THOSE STATES WHERE THIS CONTEST IS PROHIBITED BY LAW. Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates warrants that this contest is valid in any particular jurisdiction. Residents of jurisdictions where this contest is prohibited are not eligible to compete in the contest and cannot win prizes. The contest winner is not required to purchase anything to claim his or her Prize. Each participant can enter only once per year. If multiple entries are submitted by any organization, the Sponsor will determine which photographs will be entered into the contest. Accordingly, each entry must include the name and mailing address or email address of the participant. In the event of a dispute, an email entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which it was sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. Employees of Alliance for Community Trees or any company retained by Sponsor to promote, administer or provide advice with respect to the contest (and their respective affiliates), and members of any of their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
3. PRIZES: Beginning with February 27, 2015, and ending on April 1, 2015, (3) winners will be selected from the entries received during the timeframe. The winner will receive a $1,000.00 gift certificate to Curb Allure.
Each winner will be determined by the judging panel, who will award the prizes for the photos judged as the best, evaluating creativity, composition, quality, use of light, and originality. Winning and alternate photos will be posted on Sponsor website. The judging panel will be comprised of Sponsor staff and affiliates. All decisions of the judges will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for, and shall not be liable for, late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners.
The reporting and payment of all tax liabilities incurred by any winner as a result of the contest are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply, and entry in this contest is void where prohibited by law. Residents of jurisdictions where this contest is prohibited are ineligible to participate in the contest and cannot win the Prize. No substitution of the Prize will be permitted except by Sponsor, which may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. The Prize is non-transferable. Odds of winning will be dependent upon number of entries received.
4. ENTRY: There are two ways to enter: Either (1) enter by email (Programs@ACTrees.org) or (2) enter by mail. In either case, submit (1) a photo, (2) your full name(s), (3) caption, and (4) a one-sentence description of the framed moment and event and mail it to: Alliance for Community Trees Photo Contest, 6856 Eastern Avenue, NW, Ste. 150, Washington, DC 20012. A mail-in entry will be treated in the same manner as an entry received through email. Sponsor reserves the right and at its sole discretion to reject any request of entry for failure to fully comply with the entry rules.
5. CONTEST WINNERS: The name of each winner will be posted at Sponsor’s website (www.ACTrees.org), and the identity of each winner can also be obtained by writing to Alliance for Community Trees Photo Contest, 6856 Eastern Avenue, NW, Ste. 150, Washington, DC 20012. The winners will be notified via certified mail, return receipt requested and/or by email within approximately seven (7) days of choosing the winners. In the event of non-compliance with any of the rules set forth herein, or any Prize notification returned as undeliverable, the winner’s Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner. Sponsor is not responsible for, and shall not be liable for, late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner.
6. GENERAL: These rules will be posted at the Sponsor website. These rules may also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Alliance for Community Trees, 6856 Eastern Avenue, NW, Ste. 150, Washington, DC 20012 within 60 days of the contest’s deadline date. Questions regarding this contest may be sent to Alliance for Community Trees, 6856 Eastern Avenue, NW, Ste. 150, Washington, DC 20012. By entering the contest, you agree to these rules and all eligibility requirements and all decisions of Sponsor. In addition, by entering the contest you agree that the Sponsor (or any of its affiliates) shall have the right to use your name, address, likeness, photograph, Prize information, statements, and story for all purposes, including online announcements and promotional purposes, advertising purposes and marketing purposes, without compensation of any kind, except to the extent prohibited by law. If you are a winner of a prize, however, this does not necessarily mean that your story, likeness, name, photograph, or other information will be used by Sponsor in connection with any promotion or advertisement. Use of any submitted photos or the promotion of any winner will be at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
If Sponsor does not receive your entry for any reason, including without limitation those specified below, or if your entry is not entered correctly, the entry will be invalid and you will be ineligible for the Prize.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to adjust the dates or cancel this contest for any reason including, but not limited to, technical failure and/or unauthorized intervention. Sponsor and its affiliates, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, incomplete, or unintelligible entries or entry information, whether due to human error of technical malfunctions; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation the inability to access the Sponsor email or website; (iii) failed, incomplete, interrupted, garbled, or delayed transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, or from participation in the contest, or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change these rules, upon proper legal notice if required by law.
In the event the administration, security, or proper conduct of the contest is compromised in any way, electronically or otherwise, that is beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of the contest and award Prizes only among entries received prior to the date of withdrawal. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor.
By entering the contest, participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, directors, officers, employees, and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
Entrants must own full copyright to pictures submitted, which they must be able to certify, if requested. Digitally manipulated photos are acceptable. Photos submitted to the contest are not returnable and become the sole property of Alliance for Community Trees.
Right of Non-Participation: Pursuant to federal law, any individual has the right to notify the Sponsor that he/she does not wish to be contacted by the Sponsor regarding any future sweepstakes or contests or mailings and that Sponsor may not use any information provided to it by such individual for any purposes other than as need for this contest. The Sponsor may be so notified by mail at Alliance for Community Trees, 6856 Eastern Avenue, NW, Ste. 150, Washington, DC 20012 (or by calling 202–291-8733).
If no winner qualifies for the prize to be awarded pursuant to this contest, then the prize shall not be awarded.
Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility qualifications of winners. This contest is governed by U.S. law. By entering your story (or pressing the submit button for email transmission) you have agreed to all the rules and conditions of the contest as set forth herein.