August 6, 2008
Learn how to fundraise, build, and advocate for great places to play in your community! Led by KaBOOM! presenters, KaBOOM! Workshops entirely on Play are one-day, FREE regional trainings packed with interactive sessions, networking opportunities and first-hand success stories. From planning a playground project to involving your local government in the cause of play, WE Play! sessions give all participants the tools to take action.
There are two workshop tracks available:
* Playground Builders. These sessions focus on the nuts and bolts of the community-build process, from volunteer recruitment to fundraising.
* Play Advocacy. These sessions focus on specific ways you can advocate for play in your community, from auditing the safety and maintenance of playspaces in your area to making your city a Playful City USA.
Who attends WE Play!
Parents, PTA leaders, teachers, community leaders, business professionals, parks and recreation departments, school districts, and individuals who want to make play a priority for their community.
Special build day opportunity
The fun doesn’t stop there! On the following day at most of the WE Play! workshops, all WE Play! participants have an opportunity to take part in a KaBOOM! Build Day. During this event, you’ll witness how 150 volunteers can transform an empty lot into a dream playground in six hours! Learn these important Build Day execution strategies firsthand:
* Site layout and logistics
* Volunteer management and youth engagement
* Flow of the day
* Equipment installer relations
* Celebration and appreciation
Register for KaBOOM! WE Play Training.